The Heartland Regional Conference is here again!
Where: Bethel Horizons Camp and Retreat Center in Dodgeville Wisconsin
When: March 13-15, 2015
Cost: Includes Conference Registration and food
· Early Bird: $110—recently extended until 2/22!
· Regular: $130
· Presenter Registration: $75—still accepting workshop proposals until 2/18!
· There are a variety of options for housing with varying level of costs, please check the website for additional information.
Who: We have two great Keynote speakers:
Laurie Frank is a former public school teacher who has worked in the adventure and experiential education arenas for more than 30 years. Laurie’s passion is to facilitate human interaction, and to create environments where everyone is empowered. Her major focuses are community building, collaborative leadership, experiential education, and Appreciative Inquiry.
o “So Why Do We Do It?” This presentation will combine activities, conversation, and a bit of theory to explore personal, philosophical, ethical, and professional reasons for utilizing adventure and experiential methodologies. In the process, we will reflect upon the conference experience and consider how to intentionally apply learning in your situation. Come prepared to participate in activities, share your thoughts, and have some fun, too.
Steven Simpson is Director of Graduate Studies at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. He has lived in Taiwan and taught at both the Department of Geography of National Taiwan University and the Graduate Institute of Environmental Education of National Taiwan Normal University. Steve is a partner in Wood N Barnes Publishing and is the former executive editor of The Journal of Experiential Education. He has written several books about experiential education, including The Leader Who is Hardly Known and Rediscovering Dewey.
And, hopefully, YOU!
Registration is open!!! So register now before the Early Bird deadline has passed! For additional information about the conference, visit the website: http://www.aee.org/2015-heartland-regional-conference
Please share the attached conference flier with your friends and colleagues! We are planning an exciting, educational, and rejuvenating conference, so come join us!
A sample of workshop offerings to tantalize you:
· Working With Corporate Clients
· Youth Leadership Summit: A Discussion on Purpose and Best Practices in Youth Leadership Development- ALL DAY FRIDAY- Mark Zanoni (Camp Manitowish)
· Planning and Leading Experiential Scientific Fieldwork Projects for HS and College Students
· Pathways to Leadership: Utilizing Experiential Models to Develop Leadership Traits
· The Story of Loon: An Obijwe Teaching Story – Osaman
· Biimadisiiwin “Living Life in the Fullest Sense” – Osaman
· Identity Crisis: Finding Your Own Identity as a Facilitator
· We All Have Style (Myers-Briggs)
· Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR Training)
· Putting Purpose Behind Play
· Engaging Culturally Diverse Activities
· Activities for the Unexpected Situation
· Sequencing Experiential Education Activities
· Building a Classroom Community
· Fuel Your Body!! The Easy Trail to a Healthy Classroom Nutrition
· Modifications for Special Needs in Activities
· No Props? No Problem!
· Everything I Need to Know I Learned on Trail
I look forward to seeing you in WI in March!
New email address: mo.kappes. Please update your contacts accordingly.
Experiential Education Specialist
Advisor, Adventure Learning Programs (ALPs)
716 Langdon St., 350 Red Gym
Madison, WI 53706
Conference Poster OUTDOOR ED FINAL.pdf