My name is Jerri Taylor, and I am the Director of Diversity in Career Pathways at the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) and Project Learning Tree (PLT), where we value a forest and conservation sector that is diverse and brings diverse perspectives to the table. This year we are launching our first US cohort after four years of service in Canada, and we would love for your scholars to participate in such a valuable program.
PLT’s Green Mentor Program, a dynamic six-month program that connects young people (ages 18-30) to seasoned Green Jobs professionals, is accepting mentee applications for our February 2023 Cohort: https://www.plt.org/mentorship
This opportunity is open to youth interested in growing in the forest and conservation sector. Participants will be matched with an established professional in the sector to support their professional growth and career exploration.
Accepted applicants will:
- Be between 18-30 years old
- Commit 2-3 hours per month meeting with your mentor and 1 hour a month for career readiness webinars from February 2023- July 2023.
- Grow their professional network through exclusive online events and professional development opportunities.
- Build confidence, communication, networking, and goal-setting skills.
- Access the Career Pathway Plan and online career course that includes professional development content, interactive tasks, and prompts for connecting with your mentor.
Interested applicants can apply here: https://www.plt.org/mentorship
Applications close Monday, November 21st, 2022.
Please share this opportunity with your networks! If you have any questions, please reach out to Lydia.Kidane or by phone at (202) 765-3641.
Please find enclosed a copy of SFI and PLT’s career pathways history, our Mentorship Program overview fliers to provide your students, and a postcard about our upcoming “Black Faces in Green Spaces: The Journeys of Black Professionals in Green Careers.”
Jerri Taylor (she/her/hers) – why pronouns matter
Director, Diversity in Career Pathways
Project Learning Tree | www.plt.org
Sustainable Forestry Initiative | www.forests.org
PLT Career Pathways.pdf
PLT Green Mentor Post Card 2022.pdf
PLT Green Mentor Program Backgrounder 2022.pdf
PLT Green Mentor Program- Mentee Flyer 1.pdf
PLT Green Mentor Program- Mentee Flyer 2.pdf
PLT Green Mentor Program- Mentee Flyer 3.pdf
PLT Journeys Guide PostCard-2022.pdf