Customer Service Representative
The Shawnee National Forest will soon be advertising a GS-0303-5 Customer Service Representative (CSR) Position. The position is a permanent full-time appointment with the duty station in either Jonesboro or Vienna, IL. The purpose of this Outreach Notice is to inform prospective applicants of this opportunity.
Anyone interested is encouraged to complete the attached
Outreach Response Form. You will still need to apply for the job separately.
Please reply to this outreach by November 17, 2014.
The Customer Service Representative reports directly to the Support Services Supervisor and is responsible for responding to routine inquiries from customers and employees in support of the overall operations of the unit. At times, the position will require the incumbent to work weekends.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
1. Assist in greeting visitors, answering telephones and providing information to both the public and employees. Answer or coordinate response to routine inquiries.
2. Serve as Unit Collection Officer for maps, fuel wood permits, Interagency Passes, recreation collections and other goods and services.
3. Maintain a government purchase card and check writing authority for purchasing supplies.
4. Monitor the administrative facilities and performance of basic service contracts for office cleaning and ground maintenance.
5. Maintain and update Forest Service information displays for the public to access.
6. Maintain the office filing system and coordinate records for the unit.
7. Assist with the correspondence and various other databases for the unit.
8. Present Conservation Education Programs at local venues.
This position will be posted on USAJobs and applications will be processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for the USDA Forest Service. Applicants must have a profile in USAjobs to apply.
Much gratitude and all the best for a fantastic weekend!
|Amanda G. Patrick
Public Affairs Officer
|Shawnee National Forest|
|50 Highway 145 South
Harrisburg, IL 62946
|Caring for the land and serving people.|
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
GS-0303-5 Customer Service Representative Outreach_Vienna, IL and Jonesboro, IL.docx
You must be logged in to post a comment.