Environmental Program Manager (Job Number: 190261)
Division : Governmental Affairs and Commodities Division
Department: Department of Natural and Environmental Resources
Building Location: IAA BUILDING – IL-001 – US-IL-Bloomington
Direct Leader: Lauren Lurkins
IAA is seeking an Environmental Program Manager. Under the direction of Director of Environmental Policy, this position develops and coordinates the organization’s programs, communications and information involving natural resource and environmental issues. Assists county Farm Bureaus in planning and implementing informational programs on natural resource and environmental issues.
- Works with internal resources to develop and coordinate the organization’s programs, communications and information involving natural resource and environmental issues.
- Provides support for the organization’s natural resource and environmental policy initiatives, both for external and internal audiences, by researching, tracking and analyzing relevant legislative and regulatory changes.
- Plans and executes natural resource and environmental educational programs and professional presentations for county farm bureaus, the Governmental Affairs Leadership Conference, IAA Annual Meeting, and other IFB meetings as appropriate.
- Prepares high-quality materials to support organizational initiatives related to natural resource and environmental issues, translating technical topics into terms appropriate for more general audiences.
- Exercises professional leadership by keeping abreast of current trends, developments, and opportunities within field of responsibility.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Knowledge in state and federal administrative procedure and regulatory programs related to environmental and natural resource issues that impact Illinois agriculture
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and no experience OR,
- Education equivalent to associate degree in environmental or natural sciences, government, or related field, plus two years of experience in an agricultural organization, environmental/natural resources, legislative/regulatory or general business environment OR,
- Four years of experience working in an agricultural organization, environmental/natural resources, legislative/regulatory or general business environment.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Must have the ability to attend relevant meetings and fulfill job responsibilities throughout Illinois, including some overnight travel.
Lauren C. Lurkins
Director of Natural and Environmental Resources
Governmental Affairs and Commodities Division
Illinois Farm Bureau
1701 N. Towanda Avenue
Bloomington, Illinois 61701-2050